Residence permit for foreign investors for investment activity in Portugal. It has a validity period of one year, renewable every two years thereafter. Allows the right to tax as an non-habitual resident for 10 consecutive years.
HOW IT WORKS?
To have access to the Golden Visa is necessary and sufficient one of the
following situations (individually or in partnership):
- Capital transfer of EUR 1 million or more;
- Creation of 10 or more jobs;
- Acquisition of real estate worth 500 thousand euros or more;
- Entering Portugal without waiver of residence visa;
- Reside and work in Portugal even with residence in a different country;
- Low minimum periods of stay (7 consecutive or interim days in the first year and 14 days in the following two years);
- Circulate through the Schengen area without a visa;
- Residence extended to family members (family reunification);
- Request the granting of Permanent Residence Authorization;
- Request the acquisition of Portuguese nationality by naturalization, fulfilling the other requirements required by the Nationality Law;
- Permanent residence possible after 5 years;
- Citizenship possible after 6 years.
- Residence permits are granted to third-country nationals for the purpose of carrying on an investment activity, provided that investors:
- Maintain the investment for a minimum of 5 years;
- Investment funds come from abroad;
- Enter Portugal with a valid Schengen Visa;
- Have no references to the Portuguese Immigration Service and the Schengen Area services;
- Have no record of conviction for a relevant crime;
- Have had a minimum stay in Portugal: 7 days during the first year and 14 days in each subsequent two year period.